Your house may not be able to talk to you, nevertheless, it gives you clear warning signs that something’s not right and it needs immediate repair. Similarly, house windows do not communicate directly, but indicates the signs of wear and tear. Although, traditional windows don’t last forever, but high-quality and well-maintained window replacement in Melbourne could last for longer.
In addition to durability, replacement windows can give your home a new style and statement. Switching from old and outdated windows to a new energy-efficient window like Bay window can also save you money on your power bills. There are many other good reasons to replace your decade-old windows with the one that withstands every parameter and standards. Here are some of the valuable reasons that will compel you for window replacement:
- Increased home value– It has been witnessed that replacement windows can return homeowners around 75-80% of the project cost upon resale. So, it’s not a profitable deal.
- Curb appeal– with a wide range of styles, colors, patterns, and hardware finishes, replacement windows in Australia serve a great way to update the look and feel of your home’s style, architecture, and décor.
- Enhanced safety and security– Windows that don’t open easily or close smoothly can create a safety issue. If you’re looking for windows that offer remarkable safety and security, bay or uPVC windows can get the job done. Compared to traditional windows, they are much harder for thieves or strangers to break.
- Energy efficiency– If your increased energy bills have been making you feel stressed, you just need to consider window replacement. By installing energy-efficient windows, you can lower your monthly energy consumption units. Unlike wood or aluminum windows, uPVC windows score higher in energy efficiency ratings. They provide better insulation support that helps to regulate indoor heating and cooling.
- Easy cleaning and maintenance– Gone are the days of scraping or painting your old windows. Many of today’s replacement windows are available in several different materials that are maintenance-free. In fact, many styles are designed with convenient features like sashes that in tilt in- making it easier to clean those places that used to be hard to reach.
- Improved functionality– If your decades-old windows are stuck or hard to open, it may be time to replace them. Or, perhaps you’d like to change them for improved ventilation and reap other added features like locked and unlocked sensors.
Therefore, if your windows are more than a decade old, listen carefully to what they’re trying to say, so you will know when they need to be replaced.